We are able to rely on a staff team that is dedicated and experienced, able to work with complex physical and mental needs and provide training in independent living skills.
Passmore Care Services has a commitment to the Skills Pledge that it has signed with the Learning and Skills Council. In this connection, we will:
- Actively encourage and support our employees to gain the skills and qualifications that will support their future employability and meet the needs of our organisation
- Actively encourage and support all our employees to acquire basic literacy and numeracy skills and with Government support work towards their first level 2 qualification in an area that is relevant to our organisation and
- Demonstrably raise our employees’ skills and competencies to improve the performance of our organisation through investing in economically valuable training and development.
Our highly qualified staff team, both male and female, are committed to our vision. We have younger team members too who can act more as peer mentors rather than traditional ‘carers’.
All our staff have enhanced Criminal Records Bureau checks undertaken and undergo a comprehensive induction and training programme including:
- Safeguarding Adults (POVA)
- Social Care Induction
- Health and Safety
- Fire Safety In The Home
- Appointed First Aid
- Safe Administration of Medicines
- Manual Handling
- Food Handling and Hygiene
- NVQ Levels 2 and 3 (for all staff) in Health and Social Care and/or Advice and Guidance
- NVQ Level 4 in Management
All staff are skilled in interpersonal/relationship issues, group dynamics, communication skills, mediation, liaison, and advocacy.